Rss Digg Twitter Delicious Facebook Stumbleupon

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My Gratitude

Well, almost home. I'm sitting in Schipol International Airport in Amsterdam waiting for my connecting flight to Newark and then to Calgary.

I have had a very meaningful and productive trip and I want to say thank you to all who have been involved with me in so many ways.

First off, I could not have gotten here without the support and backing of those who supported this mission financially. Thank you so very much and I am looking forward to sharing with you all that was able to happen because people like you responded generously and contributed towards this trip.

I am anticipating much more to develop out of this trip in terms of ministry and opportunities and you have invested in those things that will live on in a multitude of ways. Very key relationships have been made that will last a lifetime for us and for what we see God bring about as a result of those relationships.

Along with that, the support and enthusiasm Lisa and the kids gave was the deciding factor for me to feel at peace going and being away from the family for three weeks. God made things clear to Lisa and I that I was to go on this trip and that was very important.

Next, I want to extend my thank you to Sophie for connecting me to the "Pearl of Africa" and all the Ugandans that welcomed and hosted me. It's one thing to check into a foreign hotel and live in a bubble for the time one is there but it is quite another to live with people and be a part of their lives, their circumstances and their traditions. So thank you to my hosts too numerous to mention but they include Douglas, Owen, Justice Ogoola, (and all his staff at the High Court!!!!) the Bishops and clergy of the Church of Uganda that I met and in whose churches I was welcomed, Catherine, Edreda, Penny, and of course all the Correctional staff and the O.C.'s who facilitated our visits to the Prisons.

Thank you to Prison Fellowship and Ron Nikkel for steering me into some key people in Uganda (Like Tim and Cornerstone Developments).

Also a big thank-you to Daniel Zopoula and Bridges of Hope together with the Bridges of Hope staff who assisted the administration of this trip (Marshall, Mary-Gail, and Rick). I am pretty excited about the opportunities we have together now in Uganda for the work that makes Bridges of Hope such a meaningful and important ministry and organization. It looks like we have some pretty cool opportunities ahead of us. it's time sit down with pen and paper, to roll up the sleeves, fill the coffee cups and plan to make an impact on people.

Also, Sisters Joan and Clotilda for holding down the fort as well as the staff at the Correctional Centre especially those in Programs looking after anything that comes up in my absence. Thank you.

Perhaps some of you are the ones to begin thinking about coming with me next time to see for yourself and make an impact firsthand in this friendly place and amongst these wonderful people. So stay tuned, I don't think Chapter One has even been finished yet and I think there is much more to come, and written by many authors who should come and experience this place and it's opportunities firsthand. See you soon.
Darrin

p.s.
If I have left out anybody deserving thanks please know that I am very grateful for your support.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated to keep weirdo's away! Sorry for any inconvenience.